Thanks everyone who helped us raise £12,000 in 3 days to provide another classroom at Osiligi Obaya school.
Osiligi – the Maasai word for ‘hope’.
Who are we?
Osiligi is a UK charity, helping relieve poverty in the Maasai areas of Kenya. Not changing the culture and helping Africa help itself are our key objectives.
We are a team of volunteers with no salaries or costs. Our guarantee is that 100% of any donations go to Kenya. Nothing is used for any UK expenses.
Why was the charity started?
The charity was set-up to give an avenue for people who wanted to help the Osiligi Maasai Warriors’ community in Southern Kenya. The Warriors tour the UK yearly performing their songs and tribal ceremonies. The 2013 tour is now finished, but watch this space for details of the 2014 tour.
What does the charity do?
- Clean Water
- Sustainable employment
How does the charity do it? We are:
- Building a rural primary school to give an excellent education.
- Sponsoring children who are orphans or whose parents are too poor to send their children to school.
- Providing clean water for children and the community.
- Introducing solar lamps to replace harmful kerosene lamps, fumes and smoke.
- Making loans to a Women’s Group so they can start their own small businesses.
- Teaching agriculture.
This short video gives an overview of the charity’s work in Kenya: